One of my favourite throw in the bag fruits is a nice juicy COLD pink lady.
I keep mine in the fridge for an extra refreshing crunch.
It’s my mid morning snack or after dinner dessert when I need something sweet but healthy. Here are a few reasons why this is one of my favourite fruits.
- Its an easy pick. Grab it, wash it and go.
- Its packed full of fibre, unto 5 grams per apple.
- Its low in calories, only somewhere between 50 – 80 calories.
- Its a sweet treat, a great alternative to chocolates and sweets.
- Its packed with vitamins including vitamin A and C.
- Its a natural cleanser and detoxifier for the body.
- Its thought to play a part in reducing cholesterol.
- It helps regulate blood sugar levels – by maintaining a low supply.
I know many people feel a bit funny about how much sugar they have in their diet, and fruits are often a forgotten source of this and so shouldn’t be ignored. Having said this, I must say I can’t really see many downsides to this fantastic pocket sized baggable fruit. Its a tasty, affordable, widely available and super healthy. Grab it and go!