If you haven’t fancied the idea of drinking plain old water. Might I entice you with a slice of lemon?
This tangy piece of fruit packs a lot of benefit for your body, and is quick and easy to make. I’ve tried lots of herbal teas and slimming teas, and I’ve enjoyed them all. But nothing feels as good as starting with water. An easy daily detox, here are a few of the benefits.
- Daily detox – hot water with a slice of lemon actually flushes your digestive system and promotes natural balance of the body’s pH.
- Nutrition – It is a rich in calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fibre. This is good for our bodies, and good for our bowels.
- Gut Health – It wakes up our digestive system for the day, and helps absorption of other foods we eat later on in the day
- Immune Health – the natural makeup of lemon includes a high content of Vitamin C, that can only help improve our defences against the common cold and flu
- Metabolism – drinking plenty of water will no doubt boost your metabolism to work towards it’s potential. Adding lemons can help you do this, if your struggling to find drinking exciting or beneficial, by knowing, it provides your body with essential electrolytes to keep you fit and healthy,
So there you have it. I’m sure there are a load more benefits of drinking lemon water that one could find. Including skin benefits also. I do find starting a diet extremely difficult sometimes and to be honest it can feel like a chore. So sometimes starting with little changes, that bring you bigger victories can feel enough of an achievement to get you on track and build momentum. Lemon water is so easy to make. I enjoy mine hot, then let it cool down. It tastes great with cold water too. I might even pack a few slices into a fruit bag and take it to work with me, so I can have lemon water all day rather than cups of tea or coffee. It’s easy. No hassle at all, and a great first step to take on a journey to feeling good and looking great.